Table of Contents
- No Comment
- About the Special Report
- Down But Not Out
- Embracing Cross-Racial Dialogue
- At Best, Silly, At Worst, Racist
- Pencils Out!
- Origins of Multiculturalism By Christine Sleeter
- Rethinking Schools
- Creating A Vision of Possibility By Linda Christensen
- Saxophone By Dyan Watson
- Forward to the Past? By Larry Miller, Bob Peterson
- Controversial Testing Plan Goes to Milwaukee School Board By Stephanie Walters
- Value Added, Value Lost?
- Tax Dollars at Work
- Unsung Heroes
- Teaching Unsung Heroes By Bill Bigelow
- Racial/Gender Justice Project By Bill Bigelow
Rethinking Bilingual Education is an exciting new collection of articles about bringing students’ home languages into our classrooms.
For almost two decades, teachers have looked to Reading, Writing, and Rising Up as a trusted text to integrate social justice teaching in language arts classrooms.
Teaching is a lifelong challenge, but the first few years in the classroom are typically a teacher’s hardest.